Whether you have already completed Sekiro: Shadows die Twice or are still slashing your way through, knowing what each patch and updater does can be of real benefit to know about. The Sekiro 1.03 patch notes came out recently which detail how FromSoftware’s latest update actually impacts the brutal samurai title.
Should you be looking for something a little more general than the Sekiro 1.03 patch notes detail, why not check out our Sekiro Endings guide (be warned though it contains spoilers).
Sekiro 1.03 patch notes
Steam has detailed the most recent Sekiro 1.03 patch notes, which has already been rolled out across all platforms that support the game. It’s likely unavoidable to download the update, as you’ll usually find the game won’t allow you to start until you do – not that there’s anything bad contained in the patch!
Sekiro patch notes for update 1.03
Here are the latest Sekiro patch notes (verbatim from the game’s Steam page) for version 1.03, and is currently available for all platforms.
Sekiro 1.03 patch notes – Improvements to Strategic Approaches
- Adjusted the efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost of the following to encourage usage and diversity of approach:
- Prosthetic Tools: “Lazulite Sacred Flame,” “Loaded Axe” series, “Sparking Axe,” “Lazulite Axe”
- Combat Arts: “Ashina Cross,” “Dragon Flash,” “One Mind,” “Floating Passage,” “Spiral Cloud Passage,” “Mortal Draw,” “Empowered Mortal Draw”
- Items: “Spiritfall” series
- Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts “Senpou Leaping Kicks” and “High Monk” as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.
- Increased the Poison build-up dealt by the Prosthetic Tool “Sabimaru” against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.
- Increased the drop rate of “Divine Confetti” for Fencers in Ashina Castle.
- Adjusted loading screen tips and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.
Sekiro 1.03 patch notes – Other Fixes
- Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.
- Lowered the price of information sold by Anayama the Peddler.
- The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed.
- Fixed a bug where “Gokan’s Sugar” and “Gokan’s Spiritfall” were not mitigating player Posture damage taken while guarding or deflecting enemy attacks.
- Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.
- Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.
- Fixed certain bugs that were allowing the player to access unexpected areas, which could result in becoming unable to obtain items or make further progress.
- Fixed cases of certain text being displayed incorrectly.
- Improved stability.
- Improved performance.
- Other various bug fixes.
That concludes the Sekiro 1.03 patch notes details, so you can get back to carving up some enemies!
Why not check out our Sekiro Shadows Die Twice guides and wikis page, which details all the guides we’ve written so far for the game.